Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting Started!

I have always wanted to start a blog but never really knew what the subject matter would be.  Lots of my friends blog about their children and their day to day lives.  I love reading them and seeing all the pictures!  While I plan to write about my kids ALOT, because they are the greatest kids on earth, I also want to write about my life and experinces as a pastor's wife.  Well most of what I can share online without getting into trouble atleast, which I seem to do quite often!  I often get comments like, "I have always wondered what it was like to be married to a pastor" or "I always wanted to be a pastor's wife."  So I thought I would share some of the ups and downs of being married to someone called into full time ministry and service.  Also hoping that it will provide some healing for me as this life is certainly not always easy.  And of course, being a stay at home mom to FOUR beautiful children certainly affects my role as "pastor's wife."

Sometimes it seems as though church members forget that their pastor is human too.  They still have a spouse, children, bills, they get sick, they loose loved ones, they go on vacations, they get their feelings hurt, etc.  So my plan is not to complain about the church but, only to give insight to what life is like for a pastor's family in hopes that maybe those who do not really understand me or what I am all about will gain some insight into who I really am.  And just maybe it will help you to know how to encourage and to love on your pastor and his or her family more!  So I hope you will read and enjoy!

Now if I can just figure out how to make my blog as cute as some of my friends.

Many Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogs! I'm your first "follower"! Can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete